Friday, January 3, 2014

A Blog for Makayla

Hello, it's been a while. I had a rough time last year. I and my blog have a new purpose now.
Cluster headaches started to get really bad in August, and I lost the months of September and October completely. Again I thought they were going to kill me, then after weeks of no sleep I wished they would kill me. They didn't though.
Sometime in August, I made up my mind and created a will. I own a house on a small piece of land, and like every other USAn, I have a bunch of stuff. I have no children. What happens to it all?
In my case, it becomes Makayla Suina's problem. Hopefully it'll be to her benefit; that's what I'm banking on. She's now about 10 years old, and now will have a querencia, a safe home place, as a stepping stone at least, to whatever she winds up wanting to do. She's of the Cochiti Tribe, the great-granddaughter of Mary Venada, the first person I met at Cochiti, when I was 4. I'll tell more of the story some other time.
When I write here now, it will be something for Makayla to find later. I kind of wish I'd started a blog back in 2003, when I first thought of it - then there would be much already said, that I don't need to say now. But that imaginary blog never came into existence, so I'll be putting everything in here somewhat haphazardly; new things, old things, philosophy, science, magic, music.
Makayla, in our time evil is so predominant that everyone thinks it's normal. They call it 'human nature'. I have a different perspective, though. Growing up where you are, in a society of people who actually care for one another, you'll have a different way of seeing too. Maybe we can understand each other.
I am no saint, wizard or guru, but I think I understand a few things most people don't, simply because I'm not a materialist. I'll be talking a lot more about this.
I'll try to say important things, since I don't know how much time there is for me. So I'll close this post with what is surely one of the most important things.
I love you, Makayla. When you were a few weeks old I met you, and loved you instantly at first sight. Since you are the future, and I am the past, from now on I'm working for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment